This is the most updated application process for Filipinos to acquire a Tourist Visa to Egypt.
The requirement for a tourist visa to Egypt is straightforward. Still, you must go to the embassy 3 times during the process, which is a hassle if you are not from Makati. Vaccines for Polio and Covid are no longer needed. If you are from outside of Manila, it is possible to ask someone to apply on your behalf.
In applying for an Egyptian Tourist visa, you DO NOT NEED to pay the visa fee if you're not approved, but you do need to pay an application fee of 200 upon filing. You DO NOT NEED to book flight and hotel.
4 Steps in Applying for Tourist Visa to Egypt
- Prepare and submit the requirements at the Egyptian embassy with a passport. Pay the application fee of 200 pesos upon filing. A receipt will be issued to claim your visa when approved.
- Wait for Visa Approval call (30 days minimum according to embassy)
- Submit your passport and pay the visa fee of P4000 (a staggering price increase from P1700 in 2022!)
- Back to the embassy after 5 days to get your passport with the visa sticker affixed.
Required Documents for Egypt Visa Application
- Filled up Visa Application Form
- Two (2) recent colored photos, 2″x 2″ with white background
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Photocopy of Passport Information page
- Bank Certificate, 7 days old
- Employment Certificate stating salary or Business Registration (whichever applies to you)
- Tour Itinerary
- Letter of Intent duly signed by the applicant
- Copy of Philippine residency/ visa / Immigration ID Card (for Philippine-based foreigners).
- Copy of valid US, Canadian, Schengen, Australian, UK Visa, Japan if available
A visa application must be submitted personally to the Embassy during consular working hours from Monday – Wednesday from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. except for holidays. No appointment is necessary.
If you are more than one person applying for visa, one person can file on behalf of everyone.
When you get to the embassy office at the 7F, you will note 2 PNP and 2 Filipino soldiers stationed at the door. There is one Egyptian receptionist to whom you must surrender your mobile phone upon entry.
Ms. Marian, the consular officer inside the embassy will be the one to check and accept your application. She is the one who replies to emails and also answers calls.
When should you apply for Egyptian Visa?
Egyptian visa is valid for 3 months from its issuance. The embassy estimates they need one month to process your visa (FYI: not guaranteed). Therefore, I recommend you apply about 2 months before your intended trip to Egypt. My visa was approved in 20 days and 5 days to affix the visa. You must enter and exit Egypt within the validity period.
Where is the Egyptian Embassy in Manila?
If you have more questions regarding visa application, contact the Embassy directly via any of the following means below. They are prompt with replies via email and also friendly over the phone.
Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Manila 7th Floor G.C. Corporate Plaza 150 Legaspi St., Legaspi Village Makati City Tel: 8843-9220 & 8843-9232 Email: email@example.com Consular Hours: Monday – Wednesday, except holidays 9:00 AM - 12:00 NN Filing Fee: Php 200 cash upon filing Visa Fee: Php 4,000 Cash upon approval ! a staggering increase from the Php 1700 I paid in 2022. The Egyptian visa fee outside the Philippines is only USD25. I am shookt
Egypt Tour Itinerary Sample
Egypt in 1 Week
Day 1-2, Cairo: Walking tour of the city with an Egyptologist. Tour the pyramids and the sphinx. Explore the Cairo Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. Grand Egyptian Museum. Fly to Aswan.
Day 3-4, Aswan: Abu Simbel, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu, Philae, Unfinished Obelisk
Day 5-6, Nile River Cruise: Sail along the Nile and stay overnight in a Felucca (traditional Egyptian sailboat.
Day 7-8, Luxor: Colossi of Memnon, Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple Complex, Valley of the Kings, go shopping in a local bazaar. Return to Cairo.