It’s easier than ever for Filipinos to apply for Japanese tourist visa. Anyone who applied with proper documents is almost guaranteed entry. And all those who have previously been to Japan is granted 5 years visa. But this year there’s an additional form to fill up to request for multiple visa, so don’t forget
Japan Visa Application Procedure
Since July 30, 2007, Japan tourist visa application can only be made through an accredited travel agencies by the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines. The travel agency will check your requirements before submitting them on your behalf. This is actually more efficient because it saves a lot of time for both the applicant and the embassy. However, time is money, so while the Japan visa remains free, the travel agencies will be charging processing fee. It varies per agency
Tourist and Visiting Relatives Visa
There are probably a million types of visas, but this post (as with all my previous visa application posts) is only going to deal with tourist and visiting relatives visas. If you are studying, marrying, attending conference, for medical reasons, or purpose other than tourism or visiting relatives, please go to the official website of the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines.
Requirements for tourist visa (no guarantor)
- Passport (including one with your latest Japan visa)
- Visa Application form (put N.A. instead of leaving bank)
- Photo 4.5cm x 4.5cm (white background, no border, no hair accessories, paste it on application form)
Birth certificate(No longer required as of 2019)
- Marriage contract, if married
- Detailed Itinerary
- Bank Certificate
- Business Registration / Certificate of Employment
- Multiple Visa Entry Request Form (new)
Download Forms and Itinerary
Requirements for visiting relatives visa (with guarantor)
There are so much more requirement and a lot more complicated so I don’t do this anymore. My sister been living in Japan for over 10 years and on my first visit, she sent me requirements.
- Visa Application form
- Photo 4.5cm x 4.5cm (white background, no border, no hair accessories, paste on application form)
- Birth certificate of applicant
- Marriage contract, if married
- Detailed Itinerary
- Invitation Letter from guarantor in japan
- Family Registration (Koseki Tohon) (issued within 3 mos)
- Residence Certificate (JUMINHYO) (issued within 3 mos)
- Residence card (2)
- Photo Copy of all pages of passport (2)
- Bank Certificate (if applicant shoulders the expense)
- ITR Form 2316 (orig and Xerox copy)
- Guarantee Letter (if guarantor shoulders any part) – download
- Income Certificate (SHOTOKU SHOMEISHO) from City Hall
- Tax return certificate (NOUZEISHOMEISHO: form2) from Tax office
- KAKUTEISHINKOKUSHO HIKAE or Bank Certificate (YOKIN ZANDAKA SHOMEISHO)
Notes on requirement #8,9,10,11
(1) If guarantor is Japanese national.
(2) If guarantor is non Japanese resident.
Japan Tourist Visa Validity
Single entry visa is valid for 3 months. Multiple entry visa is valid up to 5 years. If not granted, no reason will be disclosed. You will be allowed to stay for up to 30 days per entry.
The average processing time is one week, but it can also be 2 days, if you submitted complete requirement. You may be required to submit more document or appear for interview.
Some accredited travel agencies
Who are the accredited travel agencies by the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines. Here is a short list or click this for the complete list
- Attic Tours Philippines, Inc (Manila & Cebu) – P1500
- Friendship Tours and Resorts Corp (Manila & Cebu) – 1200, 2000
- Universal Holidays Tour (Manila) – Dusit Thani Manila Hotel
- Rajah Travel Corp (Manila) – – 1800, 2500
- Reli Tours and Travel Agency (Manila) 950, 2,000
- Pan Pacific Travel Corp (Manila & Cebu) – P2000
- Discovery Tour, Inc (Manila, Cebu, Davao) – P800, 1000, 1500
- JTB Philippines (4 branches in Manila) – P1200, P1500
Related Visa Posts
How to Apply Australian Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Chinese Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply UK Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Tongan Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Korean Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply South African Visa in the Philippines
How to Apply Schengen Visa in the Philippines
Thank you for sharing such a detailed guide! This will be a lot of help because I haven’t tried traveling outside the Philippines yet. Hopefully, I achieve my dream to visit Japan next year (if not this year). :)
I want any interested Applicants needed Job in USA FLORIDA ASAP Vacancy Post House Care,Nanny,Driver and Gardener send your Resume roberthandersonhall500(at)gmail. com
hi i am a filipino im planning to work in japan..i have an employer there..how to apply working visa?
Hi Im Filipino Im planning to work in Japan how to apply at saan ako pupunta about working Visa
I am travelling to Japan this coming April 5. However, I am having trouble with my travel authority kasi di pa nirerelease ng aming office. I would like to ask sana any tips panu ako makalusot sa immigrtaion na ndi aq govt employee para di na nila ako hanapan ng travel authority.
Im afraid kc bka di marelease ang travel authority ko before my flight.
I am Filipino living in UAE, What are requirements for Japan Toursit Visa? please guide me i am wating your reply?